BY Rosemary "Mamie" Adkins
Last week I was ‘Tagged’ by Sharla Shults (CATNIPOFLIFE)
Sharla shares history, poetry, prayer and so much that keeps us thankful she is a writer. In her own words "Awakenings from Then ’til Now allows you to Embrace Your Past, Empower the Present, Enrich Your Future."
There are rules to this TAG which require my answering questions about myself. This should prove to be interesting. I have not read the questions in advance so here goes. . .but first the rules. . .
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
4. Tag (eleven) people with a link to your post.
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged.
Questions to Me:
1. What is the worst food you ever tasted, when and where?
The worst food ever was eaten in a French Restaurant outside Boulder, Colorado in 1979. It was Sweet Breads. And they were not breads! I can't even say the words it was so awful.
2. What does your spouse/significant other do sometimes that is totally annoying?
I must admit there is little that annoys me about my darling husband but one thing. He Snores in any sleeping position! Tired and restless I am most nights but on that occasion when I finally get to sleep he starts snoring as though a freight train were passing across our bed. I gently nudge him and he rolls over and starts again. Considering all his great traits, it's difficult to be too upset.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go and why?
This is tough. I have mapped out an extended vacation to England where we would ferry across to Ireland and then ferry Scotland. After this we would fly to Australia and New Zealand! Anyone want to join us for a long vacation?
4. What is your favorite sport, participating or watching? Why do you like it so much?
Definitely Tennis. Enduring terms are always fun to hear and as a player (many years ago) it was refreshing to hear someone shout out "15 - Love!" Not sure what 15 meant but the term Love was sweet to hear! LOL.
Ok. No blonde jokes please!
photo courtesy of IPhotos.
5. Describe your most hair-raising experience?
This is a toss up. But the most hair raising would be our (my husband and I) boat ride from a town named Doolin to the Aran Islands. Now if you have ever seen on TV the show called the Deadliest Catch-well the water was not much nicer. We were sailing on a ferry type boat (small) and as we push away from shore, everyone with hands in the air shouted "WHOOOOOO as if on a roller-coaster-problem was, it was 45 minutes each way and soon after the push off, the boat fell quite and then almost everyone at one time had bags in their faces! My husband stood on the outside deck and was drenched to his waist from water coming overboard. I felt sorry for the crew cleaning up after everyone but they say they were use to it. When we got off the boat I told them we would not be going back with them and they replied "But there is no other way back! Never again. We should have taken the flight but the water sounded so much more romantic. So much for romance!
|Did not want to end up like this one -|
and we were in a much smaller boat!
6. What was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
OMG: On my 50th birthday, my husband and daughter decided to play a trick on me and wish me a Happy Birthday in huge letters painted on an old bed sheet and tie it up on the roof! For several days, people kept wishing me a happy birthday. Neighbors waived, the postman smiled and tipped his hand and finally a UPS man came to the door with a package and wished me a Happy Birthday. I said to him,"Ok, how did you know it was my birthday? He said "well, it hard not too, there's been a huge sign on the roof for days!
|Check out sign on the roof!|
7. Complete this thought: A friend is one who . . .
A Friend is one that share memories, laughs at your jokes, cries with you sorrow, and holds your hand to the end of time.
|Douglas, my best Friend|
8. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
My fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Means was my favorite teacher because while studying countries, she brought in a stuffed Koala bear and the joy of seeing such a beautiful creature sent in motion dreams to travel.
9. Who inspires you the most? Why?
My family. My husband and daughter have given me the courage to fight when ill, write when and what I want and always set examples for doing whatever they feel will keep me happy. It is through the love of my family I am inspired to write my next book which I pray will be my legacy to them.
10. What is your favorite music, era and artist(s)?
I have three.
|The Righteous Brothers |
with Unchained Melody in 1965.
Charles Suniga with Moments of Peace and the time is present.
Piano music for relaxing.
|The third is Britt Nicole's "Through The Eyes of Love" |
used in a remake of Ice Castles in 2010.
This song lets you feel romance in your heart and
release pent up tears and gladness all at the same time
AND, the final question is. . .
11. What 11 words would best describe your personality?
Persistent, Loving, Fearful, Leader, Trusting, Hopeful, Opinionated, Outspoken, Self-Driven, Sensitive, and even Stubborn!
1. Do you think an auto reflects who you are and if so, why?
2. What and why is your deepest desire for accomplishment in life?
3. If you had to select a vacation at the beach side or mountains, where and which would you choose, and why?
4. If you found a suitcase filled with thousand dollar bills, what would you do?
5. Who in your family is the greatest influence and why?
6. What is your most outrageous memory from high school-with whom, where and what era?
7. If you could be a fly and see what happens in the world that no one else could, what and why do think you would see?
8. If you could be an actress/actor in any movie what movie and character would you be, why and how could you improve their role?
9. If you could be either a lobster or leopard which would it be and why?
10. What if the world were to end in 24 hours, what would you do with your time?
11. What if your biggest dream publishing opportunity came along to discuss your possible future, what would you say to convince them you were the best choice for their opening?
You’ve been tagged by Extraordinary Dreams of an Ireland Traveler!!
AND THE NOMINEES ARE. . .
And The Whippoorwill Sang by: Micki Pelusohttp://mallie1025.blogspot.com/
Deadly Pleasures by: Mary Firminhttp://maryfirmin.blogspot.com/
Staycation Destinations by: Robert R. Talley-http://www.talleytrolleystops.com/blog.html?alt_id=N81N4-JA333-5Q5&ts=1342889929210
A Christmas I Remember by: Deirdre'sBookhttp://www.deirdretolhurst.blogspot.com/
If You Had To Choose, What Would You Do? by: Sandra McLeod Humphrey-http://www.kidscandoit.com/blog/
Sunshine I'll Make You Smile by: Linda Haleshttp://www.linnieslittlebooks.com/blog
Books That Sow By: Cherry Vasquezhttp://www.BookThatSow.com/
I.O.U. Sex by: Sandra Nichlinger and Sandra Allenhttp://iousex.blogspot.com/
A Stop in the Park By Peggy Panagopoulos Strackhttp://pstrack.blogspot.com/
Lies That Bind by: Delinda McCannhttp://www.independentauthornetwork.com/delinda-mccann.html
Vengeance is Sacred by: Peter Healyhttp://www.vengeanceissacred.com/